I am using the following techs for my project
- Backend / API : Nest JS ( Running on port localhost:3001 )
- Frontend: Next JS ( Running on port localhost:3000 )
- Database: MongoDB
- Reverse Proxy Server: Nginx
- and Docker
When I am using "docker-compose up -d" the Backend is running properly as well as all the API URLs are working fine by this " localhost:3001 "
Also, in the Frontend, the site is loading properly and also all the API data is showing. But, an error is showing in the console and popup like this screenshot
Error Image 1: click here Error Image 2: click here
Error in text: In popup:
Unhandled Runtime Error
Error: Network Error
Call Stack
createError
node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js (16:0)
XMLHttpRequest.handleError
/_next/static/development/pages/Index.js (16144:14)
In Console:
Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'http://dev:3001/news?page=1&limit=3' from origin 'http://localhost:3000' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
I have called the API from the frontend as "http://dev:3001" as I am loading it from docker image and the service name is dev.
Here is the docker-compose file:
version: "3.9"
services:
dev:
container_name: nest-backend
image: nest-backend:1.0.0
build:
context: ./backend
target: development
dockerfile: ./Dockerfile
expose:
- 3001
ports:
- "3001:3001"
links:
- mongo
volumes:
- ./backend:/backend/app
- /backend/app/node_modules
restart: unless-stopped
command: npm run start:dev
networks:
- app-network
app:
image: bjithp-next
build: frontend
expose:
- 3000
ports:
- 3000:3000
depends_on:
- dev
volumes:
- ./frontend:/app
- /app/node_modules
- /app/.next
networks:
- app-network
mongo:
image: mongo
# environment:
# - MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_USERNAME=root
# - MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_PASSWORD=1234
ports:
- "27037:27017"
volumes:
- mongodb_data_container:/data/db
networks:
- app-network
nginx:
build:
context: ./nginx
dockerfile: Dockerfile
ports:
- "80:80"
restart: always
depends_on:
- app
- dev
volumes:
- ./nginx/default.conf:/etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf
networks:
- app-network
volumes:
mongodb_data_container:
mongodb-data:
name: mongodb-data
networks:
app-network:
driver: bridge
I have also used nginx for reverse proxy. Here is the nginx default.conf file:
// nginx.conf
upstream dev {
servdever dev:3001;
}
upstream client {
server app:3000;
}
server {
listen 80;
server_name localhost:3000;
access_log /path/to/access/log/access.log;
error_log /path/to/error/log/error.log;
location / {
proxy_pass http://app;
}
location ~ /dev/(?<section>.*) {
rewrite ^/dev/(.*)$ /$1 break;
proxy_pass http://dev;
}
}
And also in the frontend, I have used .env, which is this:
DEFAULT_PORT=3000
BASE_API_URL=http://dev:3001
NODE_ENV=development
HOST=http://localhost
PRODUCTION_IMAGE_PORT=443
BASE_IMAGE_URL=http://localhost:3001
HIRE_US_PAGE=http://103.197.206.56:3000
BLOG_SHARE_URL_HOST=http://bjitgroup.com
Please suggest me a solution. My site is working fine with that annoying network-error problem.