Which logging framework my Flink application is using?

Viewed 70

My Flink logs are not showing up anywhere. So I'm reading on how to resolve this. I have read a couples of articles on how to change log levels in flink/conf files to help me resolve this.

But then I read about flink having two logging framework options. They are : Log4j & logback.

So now how do I determine which framework my Flink application is using?

1 Answers

The default one is log4j, which can always be changed. If you are trying to run it as a standalone, then the default one is used. Which can be changed in the Flink config files.

But one key thing I found helpful is checking the log level. As whether they are being set to info, debug, trace, or error? If these levels mismatch, your logs will not show up in the Flink dashbaord.

https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/advanced/logging/

Related