How do I enable Business API for a test user/business account?

Viewed 132

I'm developing a Facebook business app that automates the process of uploading product catalogs for a business account. I'm trying to prepare the app for review. To do this I need to provide a test user that can demonstrate all of the API scopes I'm requesting, namely:

  1. business_management
  2. catalog_management

The whole workflow works with real users that have a role on my app.

For the test user (which is an admin of its own business account), everything works properly (Facebook login, granting permissions from the test user, getting the test user's list of businesses) up until the POST request that I make to create a catalog, using the business API endpoint /v12.0/<test_business_ID>/owned_product_catalogs. The response I get is:

 Status:  400
 Response:
   {
     "error": {
       "message": "(#100) Missing Permission",
       "type": "OAuthException",
       "code": 100,
       "fbtrace_id": "*******"
     }
   }

The Graph API explorer gives this message for a GET request to /<test_business_ID>/owned_product_catalogs with the test user's token:

{
  "error": {
    "message": "(#200) This application has not been approved to use this API.",
    "type": "OAuthException",
    "code": 200,
    "fbtrace_id": "*******"
  }
}

whereas if I substitute <test_business_ID> for my real business (that the app is associated with), the request is successful (I get an empty list).

I have tried a lot of things unsuccessfully to grant permission to my app on the test user's business:

  • Removing the app from my real business and claiming it under the test business
  • Inviting the test user to my real business
  • Inviting the test business as a partner to my real business
  • Inviting the real business as a partner to the test business

I've also read about sandbox accounts and system users, but I don't want to use a system user because I want any Facebook business admin to be able to connect my app to their business seamlessly through Facebook login.

How can I get the business API catalog endpoint working for a test user?

0 Answers
Related