Why do mysterious newline characters randomly appear during IPython sessions?

Viewed 28

Problem

Newline characters randomly appear in my terminal window if I've had an IPython session running for more than a few minutes.

Screenshots/diagram

Diagram of the problem


Context

OS:

Edition Windows 11 Enterprise
Version 21H2
Installed on    ‎3/‎7/‎2022
OS build    22000.708
Experience  Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.708.0

The problem also occurred when I was using Windows 10.

Terminal info:

Windows Terminal Preview
Version: 1.14.1452.0
Profile: PowerShell Core, version: 7.2.4

...though I've had the problem occur on other Windows Terminal versions as well as other versions of PowerShell.

Python info:

  • Python 3.8.10 (default, May 19 2021, 13:12:57) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]
  • matplotlib 3.4.3

Other details:

This seems to only happen when matplotlib has been used, namely when a plot has been instantiated. I'm using the Qt5Agg backend.

Please let me know if any further info is needed. Thanks in advance!

0 Answers
Related