Bad Request on HTTP.Post with Discord Bot

Viewed 118

Greetings and thank you for tending to this question!

I am trying to have my Discord bot create a Scheduled Guild Event. A Calendar event for players and attendees to join a voice channel. I am trying to achieve that by doing a POST call to Discord's API, and I am failing with the following error. The following message was produced from a Postman test.

{
    "code": 50109,
    "message": "The request body contains invalid JSON."
}

As the message implies something is off with my JSON body. Below follows a version of the JSON body I am trying to send!

{
  "name": "The Bot created this!!!",
  "privacy_level": 2,
  "scheduled_start_time": "2022-06-15T15:00:00+00:00",
  "description": "The Bot also described this!!",
  "channel_id": 980830611458426901,
  "entity_type": 2
}

I tried to follow the API's documentation as perfect as I could with no positive results!! If you wish to follow the documentation yourselves here's the link: Create Guild Scheduled Event

I am definitely missing something or adding something that should be added to the JSON body of a different type!!! Any insights welcome!

What I know and tried

  • My authentication is solid because I am able to GET all events present.

  • Many variations of single quotes '' and type declarations for the data in the JSON body.

Regardless of insights, Thank you for your time!!

0 Answers
Related