Elasticsearch Arrays are not supported in superset (SQL API)

Viewed 333

When I try to run the Query in superset which contain elastic search Array values I am getting following error -

elasticsearch error: TransportError(500, 'ql_illegal_argument_exception', 'Arrays (returned by [decision.certification.comments.user.sn]) are not supported')

My Query is : SELECT "column_1" from "table_1";

where column_1 contains the Array Values and I am trying to get those values into the table form in superset but Array Values are not getting populated.

1 Answers

This is a known limitation of the Superset elasticsearch-dbapi driver. ElasticSearch documentation for their own SQL API explains the reason for this:

Array fields are not supported due to the "invisible" way in which Elasticsearch handles an array of values: the mapping doesn’t indicate whether a field is an array (has multiple values) or not, so without reading all the data, Elasticsearch SQL cannot know whether a field is a single or multi value.

Related