In Eclipse, I had some folders in the project root that were not code - containing text files with notes about the project, Photoshop files for artwork and so on. Having migrated to Android Studio, these extra folders in the project root are not visible in the Project navigation pane - I only see the app folder and Gradle Scripts.
Is there some way to create a non-code folder that is visible in the Project pane but that is outside the app module?
I thought "Create New Module" in the Project Structure dialogue might do it, but it only offers me templates for modules that contain Android code.
--- EDIT ---
Thanks to @SvdTweel's answer I've stumbled across something that seems to do what I want:
- switch to the Project view
- create the documentation folder in the project root
- right-click it and select Mark Directory as>Resources Root
- switch back to the Android view and you see a new folder named "resources"
Will this have any adverse effects? Is this folder still ignored when building the app module?
