Google have decided to replace their Map Style tool with the Cloud-base Maps Styling.
The new Beta tool allows you to import JSON map styling, but it provides no way of exporting a map style created with the Beta tool.
A colleague of mine has created a custom Map Style, but now we need to copy it into another project, but there appears no way to do this. We can duplicate the style, but only into the same project.
Is there any way around this, eg. a GCP console command.
I've tried inspecting the network traffic to see if I can grab the config, but it's in a completely different format that can't be exported.
Edit: It may appear I've done no research on this question, but the fact is that because it's referring to a Beta GCP tool, there is very little information available on its use other than:
- A blog post
- A sidebar which concentrates on the publishing side
- All the Maps API docs refer to using a Map ID, which isn't the problem here.
Another Edit:I've created an feature request, in case anyone is interested...