Could not load file or assembly. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. Version conflict

Viewed 178

I am having an error when I want to run my program. The error states that it could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

I have checked on my target framework and package reference which I am now using net5.0 framework for my project. But the version of System.Runtime seems to be net6.0 framework. I have checked on my System.Runtime that the version is 5.0.0.0. So obviously the version 6.0.0.0 is missing. Does anyone know how to change the version of System.Runtime to be 5.0.0.0?

Error Message enter image description here

System Runtime Details System.Runtime details

.csproj file Code Page

1 Answers

Okay, so i just delete my bin and obj folder and proceed to clean and rebuild my project and it works perfectly. Wasted two days for this.

Got the inspiration from this link. Credit to Levi Fuller's comment

Related