I am currently working on a model which simulates a delivery process throughout an operating day in simpy. The deliveries are conducted by riders which are delivering one package at a time. The packages need to be delivered within a certain time window. In addition, the system deals with fluctuating demand throughout the day. Therefore, I would like to adapt the number of employees available to the system matching the fluctuating demand on an hourly basis. I modelled the riders as a resource with a certain capacity. Is there any possibility to adjust the capacity of the resource during a simulation run or are there other ways to model the riders with my system?
I already looked for possible solution within the simpy documentation, examples or other posts. However, I was not successful yet. Thus, for any advice or possible solutions I would be very grateful! Thank you in advance.