I have to read JSON data in Azure Data Factory from a REST API like CRM Business Central and then, to store them in Azure SQL database. Since I have nested JSON data, I have to define the mapping. In a manual way, it looks like this:
One way to do this is to go the "{}" and then get the "translator" (which is the JSON schema of the table) and then save into a table or file. Once it's done, we can then use the "dynamic content" in the mapping tab of the Copy Activity from a Lookup Activity. Another way to do this is to create an destination table and then create a stored procedure for guessing the schema. Here is the link of the explanation. However, the process of saving JSON schema into a table/file as "metadata" is rather annoying because I have more than 100 tables to load into Azure SQL. Is there another way to infer JSON schema without creating a "destination table"? I would like to use the "auto-create table" in the Copy Activity? I was thinking to use a Python script inside ADF.
