exporting query result in Kusto to a storage account

Viewed 305

I get below error on running my kusto query(which i am still learning) in Azure Data Explorer. and the reason is result is more than 64 mb.. Now when I read the MS doc they mentioned we have something called Export which we can use to export the query result in a storage blob.. However I couldnt find any example as how we can do it? Did someone tried it? Can they provide a sample as how we can export to a storage account when my resulted set is more than 64 mb?

Here is what I have for now, I have data in an external table which I would like to query. so for example if my external table name is TestKubeLogs and I am quyering

external_table("TestKubeLogs")
| where category == 'xyz'

and then I get error as

The Kusto DataEngine has failed to execute a query: 'Query result set has exceeded the internal data size limit 67108864 (E_QUERY_RESULT_SET_TOO_LARGE).'

so now I am trying to export this data. How should I do it. I started writing this but how do I specify the category and table name.

.export
  async compressed
  to json (
    h@"https://azdevstoreforlogs.blob.core.windows.net/exportinglogs;mykey==",
    
  )
1 Answers

You are not in the right direction.

Regardless the source of your data, whether you're querying an external table or managed table, it does not make sense to pull large data volume to your client.
What would you do with millions of records presented on your screen?

This is something that is true to all data systems.

Please read the relevant documentation:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-explorer/kusto/concepts/resulttruncation

Related