One app in Django is enough for whole website?

Viewed 132

I'm new to Django framework and currently working on an ecommerce website. Not sure what would be better, when creating new project and new app in Django, does a single app is enough and fine for whole website functionally(all HTML pages, user login/registration etc) or should I use separate apps in my project?

3 Answers

one app for one purpose.

don't describe your app with 'and'.

like: my_app_name' to manage students and exams.

just create 'students' app to manage students and 'exams' to manage exams

According to the great book on django 'Two scoops of django' we should create an app for only one purpose. If the work of an app is beyond a topic we should create another one.

So I think you should create separate apps for various tasks of your web-application like:

accounts : app for user model

products : app for product model

orders : app for managing orders

payments : app for the order payments

... and many more.

As far I have used Django in my profession about four years, I think Django and python is comprehensive kit for building e-commerce web app.

Related