Subversion non transitive merge

Viewed 13

I currently struggle with the following scenario:

  • We do most of our development in trunk
  • We have separate branches for certain features which are experimental and not production ready yet.
  • We regularly merge changes from trunk to the branches due to dependencies and for easier reintegration later
  • We have two release branches, one for production and one for experimental packages
  • In the experimental release branch, we reintegrate feature1 and feature2
  • Due to the nature of subversion, we need to block the merges from trunk->feature1 and trunk->feature2, otherwise the changes from trunk are conflicting itself when reintegrating to the experimental release branch

Now to my problem:

When I change something in trunk

cd trunk
svn commit -m "Foo"
[...]
Committed revision 4

Then I synchronize the change from trunk to feature1 with

cd feature1
svn merge ^/trunk
[...]
Committed revision 5

then I try to block the merge from revision 5 in the experimental release branch with

cd experimental
svn merge ^/branches/feature1 -r5 --record-only

the revision trunk:4 and feature:5 are marked as blocked. However I only want to block feature:5

TL;DR: Is there a way to turn off transitive merge blocking in subversion?

0 Answers
Related