I'm trying to get maps to work on .net MAUI and found this blog post (linked to from the official MAUI blog). https://www.cayas.de/blog/dotnet-maui-custom-map-handler I've downloaded the repo linked at the end of the blog but I can't get it to run.
In the blog post the MapHandler code looks like this:
public static IPropertyMapper<IMap, MapHandler> MapMapper = new PropertyMapper<IMap, MapHandler>(ViewMapper)
{ };
But in the repo it looks like this:
public static IPropertyMapper<MapView, MapHandler> MapMapper = new PropertyMapper<MapView, MapHandler>(ViewMapper)
{ };
Neither of which work for me, as I get the error (at runtime) below.
The type 'MapControlDemo.Handlers.MapHandler' cannot be used as type parameter 'TViewHandler' in the generic type or method 'PropertyMapper<TVirtualView, TViewHandler>'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'MapControlDemo.Handlers.MapHandler' to 'Microsoft.Maui.IElementHandler'
Confusingly there are another couple of errors that shouldn't be errors??

Any ideas? I contacted the author and he suggested it could be my maui version as it works for him, but I'm on the latest.