I cannot for the life of me figure out why this isn't working. I have a WorkoutCard component:
WorkoutCard:
const key = require('weak-key');
function WorkoutCard({ workout }) {
const { userID } = useContext(AuthContext);
const [modalOpen, setModalOpen] = useState(false);
const closeModalCallback = () => setModalOpen(false);
return (
<div className="WorkoutCard" onClick={() => setModalOpen(true)}>
<div className="header">
<h2>{workout.name}</h2>
<h3>Days</h3>
{workout.days.map((day) => {
return (
<p key={key({})}>{day}</p>
)
})}
<button className="deleteButton" onClick={handleDelete}>Delete</button>
</div>
<div className="line"></div>
<div className="exercises">
<h3>Exercises</h3>
{workout.exercises.map((exercise) => {
return (
<p key={key({})}>{exercise}</p>
)
})}
</div>
<EditWorkoutModal key={key({})} modalOpen={modalOpen} closeModalCallback={closeModalCallback} />
</div>
);
}
export default WorkoutCard;
And I have the EditWorkoutModal component:
Modal.setAppElement('#root');
function EditWorkoutModal({ modalOpen, workout, closeModalCallback }) {
const { userID } = useContext(AuthContext);
return (
<Modal isOpen={modalOpen} className="editModal">
<div className="rightHalf">
<p className='closeButton' onClick={() => closeModalCallback()}>+</p>
</div>
</Modal>
)
}
export default EditWorkoutModal
The problem here is that closeModalCallback is not changing the state whatsoever. It is called, but modalOpen is still set to true.
And, this is even more confusing, because I have this functionality working in another part of the app. I have a workouts page that has both WorkoutCard components, as well as a Modal, and it works this way. However, the closeModalCallback on the WorkoutCard components' modals will not work.