I have a thread pool with 8 threads
private static final ExecutorService SERVICE = Executors.newFixedThreadPool(8);
My mechanism emulating the work of 100 user (100 Tasks):
List<Callable<Boolean>> callableTasks = new ArrayList<>();
for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) { // Number of users == 100
callableTasks.add(new Task(client));
}
SERVICE.invokeAll(callableTasks);
SERVICE.shutdown();
The user performs the Task of generating a document.
- Get UUID of Task;
- Get Task status every 10 seconds;
- If Task is ready get document.
public class Task implements Callable<Boolean> {
private final ReportClient client;
public Task(ReportClient client) {
this.client = client;
}
@Override
public Boolean call() {
final var uuid = client.createDocument(documentId);
GetStatusResponse status = null;
do {
try {
Thread.sleep(10000); // This stop current thread, but not a Task!!!!
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
return Boolean.FALSE;
}
status = client.getStatus(uuid);
} while (Status.PENDING.equals(status.status()));
final var document = client.getReport(uuid);
return Boolean.TRUE;
}
}
I want to give the idle time (10 seconds) to another task. But when the command Thread.sleep(10000); is called, the current thread suspends its execution. First 8 Tasks are suspended and 92 Tasks are pending 10 seconds. How can I do 100 Tasks in progress at the same time?