I'm having difficulty with credentials to make a Google API People call from A Colab notebook. I've tried two different methods. The colab note book is here along with credential files (it's a new account and doesn't contain any sensitive information or scopes)
If I try to access it through an OAuth 2.0 Client IDs, I authorize a redirect URI from colab. I'm asked to login through a Google account, but once I log in through my Google account it opens up a new tab to a website that doesn't exist. The permission process never completes.
Second attempt: if I try to authorize it through a service account credential, I get this error:
ValueError: Client secrets must be for a web or installed app.
I've looked at other answers online but they don't seem to be working. I'm using code directly from Google's quickstart guide. Any help is appreciated. All code and credentials are available in the Colab