zsh: command not found: cwd can't seem to use Python in VSCode

Viewed 229

Firstly, please answer in layman's terms. I have looked at what feels like hundreds of articles and I have no idea what people are talking about (what is zsh, bash, PATH, all this terminology). All I want is to use Python and install packages so I can use Google Cloud SDK (I am familiar with BigQuery in the UI). I'm so confused by all this Python set up!

Yesterday I successfully downloaded Python, and even managed to somehow install Google Cloud SDK using a few Youtube Tutorials and started using it with BigQuery. Now I don't know what I pressed, but today I open Terminal and none of my code runs! I see this error message: /Users/username/.zshrc:7: command not found: “alias

Even a simple 'cwd' doesn't work... zsh: command not found: cwd

Can someone please help and explain what exactly I'm supposed to be doing? Imagine you're explaining it to your grandma please thanks.

1 Answers

It doesn't look like you have enabled Python in the terminal. To start using Python in the terminal, you need to open Terminal and just type python. You must do this each time you open Terminal, otherwise Python will not be running.

Related