I've learned and coded QuickSort(), Partition() and InsertionSort() myself, hence be able to run the code and sort arrays correctly, but what if I want to print in java and show every single steps the SORT algorithms do?
***Demand:
***Use QuickSort combines InsertionSort to enhence the efficiency. If the amount of element of left/right subArray which devided by pivot is below 3(A[0..n-1], n<=3),
***=>use InsertionSort()
The output should be like this:
<BEFORE SORTING>:[10, 4, 2, 8, 7, 3, 5, 9, 6, 1]
use_partition:[1, 4, 2, 8, 7, 3, 5, 9, 6, 10]
use_partition:[1, 3, 2, 4, 7, 8, 5, 9, 6, 10]
use_insertion:[1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 5, 9, 6, 10]
use_partition:[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 8, 10]
use_partition:[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
<AFTER SORTING>:[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
I would like to print the steps by java making the implementation more clearly, my first thought is to use some conditional loop, does anyone know where can I find the relative article? Thanks a lot.
Sorry, here's the code I wrote:
import java.util.Arrays;
public class Main{
public static void main(String args[]){
int[] array1 = {10, 4, 2, 8, 7, 3, 5, 9, 6, 1};
int n1 = array1.length;
System.out.print("Before sorting is: ");
System.out.println(Arrays.toString(array1));
System.out.print("After sorting is: ");
Quicksort(array1, 0, n1-1);
/*
the display loop I need
*/
} //end main()
public static void Quicksort(int[] array, int start, int end){
if(start<end){
if(end-start <=3){
InsertionSort(array, start, end);
}else{
int pivot = HoarePartition(array, start, end);
Quicksort(array, start, pivot);
Quicksort(array, pivot+1, end);}
}
}
} //end Quicksort()
public static void swapIJ(int[] array, int i, int j){
int temp = array[i];
array[i] = array[j];
array[j] = temp;
} //end swapIJ
public static int HoarePartition(int[] array, int start, int end){
int pivot = array[start];
int i = start -1 ;
int j = end + 1;
while(true){
do{i++;}while(array[i] < pivot);
do{j--;}while(array[j] > pivot);
if(i>=j)
return j;
swapIJ(array, i, j);
} //end while
} //end HoarePartition()
public static void InsertionSort(int[] array) {
for(int i = 1; i < array.length; i++) {
int temp = array[i];
int j = i - 1;
while(j >= 0 && array[j] > temp) {
array[j + 1] = array[j];
j--;
}
array[j + 1] = temp;
} //end for
} //end InsertionSort()