I am running regression and presenting the results using ggplots. Generally, the intention is to see the dynamic effect of a policy that happened in period 2.
I am plotting the regression results, the dataframe I created from the regression functions looks like
dfplot1 <- data.frame(coef=c(0.05,0,0.1,0.15,0.2),
se=c(0.1,0,0.1,0.1,0.1),
period=1:5)
dfplot2 <- data.frame(coef=c(0.05,0,0.12,0.18,0.24),
se=c(0.12,0,0.12,0.12,0.12),
period=1:5)
And I plot the coefficients with standard errors using
library(ggplot2)
library(patchwork)
p1 <- ggplot(dfplot1)+
geom_point(aes(x=period, y=coef))+
geom_segment(aes(x=period, xend=period, y=coef-1.96*se, yend=coef+1.96*se))+
geom_segment(aes(x=period, xend=period, y=coef-1.96*se, yend=coef+1.96*se))+
labs(x='Year', y='Coefficients')+
geom_hline(yintercept = 0, linetype = "dashed")+
theme(panel.background = element_blank())
p2 <- ggplot(dfplot2)+
geom_point(aes(x=period, y=coef))+
geom_segment(aes(x=period, xend=period, y=coef-1.96*se, yend=coef+1.96*se))+
geom_segment(aes(x=period, xend=period, y=coef-1.96*se, yend=coef+1.96*se))+
labs(x='Year', y='Coefficients')+
geom_hline(yintercept = 0, linetype = "dashed")+
theme(panel.background = element_blank())
p1|p2
I can use ylim in each ggplot to set the y axis limit and make them the same like
p1+ylim(-0.5,0.5)
p2+ylim(-0.5,0.5)
To better visualize and compare the coefficients in these two regressions with different covariates, is there a way to automatically find the best fit and align the axes of the two ggplots?
Thank you very much!




