I am trying to disaggregate a raster using terra package. My original raster is:
library(terra)
my_raster
class : SpatRaster
dimensions : 180, 360, 1 (nrow, ncol, nlyr)
resolution : 1, 1 (x, y)
extent : -180, 180, -90, 90 (xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax)
coord. ref. : lon/lat WGS 84
source : EHF2_2020_max.nc_rotated.nc
varname : X2020
name : X2020
I want to drop the resolution to the following target raster
target_raster
class : SpatRaster
dimensions : 21600, 43200, 1 (nrow, ncol, nlyr)
resolution : 0.008333333, 0.008333333 (x, y)
extent : -180, 180, -90, 90 (xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax)
coord. ref. : lon/lat WGS 84
source : GDP_PPP_30arcsec_v3.nc
varname : GDP_PPP (Gross Domestic Production (GDP) (PPP))
name : GDP_PPP_3
unit : constant 2011 international US dollar
When I did this, I get below error:
disagg_raster <- disagg(my_raster, fact = c(21600,43200))
Error: [disagg] insufficient disk space (perhaps from temporary files?)
I have a fresh R session and other than these two objects, nothing else is loaded in my environment. What is causing this error?
However, when I disaggregate raster using resample, I do not get any memory issue
resample_raster <- resample(my_raster, target_raster, method='bilinear')