Github Action: "workflow_dispatch" How to always use the master branch (remove option to change branch)

Viewed 725

In Github actions, I've included a workflow_dispatch: trigger in my yaml to allow me to trigger the action on demand. The master branch must always be triggered, and I've configured the action to always checkout from master- BUT the workflow gui trigger always asks for a branch. I'd like to make this dropdown hidden (or unchangeable) if possible

Here is my settings for the workflow_dispatch trigger

name: 'MIGRATE DATABASE TEST'

on:
  workflow_dispatch:
    inputs:
      environment:
        description: 'target environment'
        required: true
        default: 'qa'
        type: choice
        options:
          - stage
          - qa

jobs:
  ...........

As you can see, the "Use workflow from" option is shown, but I don't need it because I always want to trigger this from master. Question: How can I force it to ALWAYS user master, AND to never show this unneeded dropdown. force workflow to always use master, then never show this option

0 Answers
Related