I'm new to AWS's Application Load Balancers, and I'm feeling a bit lost coming from the nginx world. Is it true that there's no way to tail your request logs? If so, are there relatively simple ways people use to watch their logs?
I read the docs that you can send the logs to S3, and from there, I guess you can set up Athena our ElasticSearch or something, but boy, that sounds like an all-day or multiple-day project! I don't want to have to download logs to my laptop and unzip them either, just to monitor things.
I just want to tail some logs in realtime. Is it really this hard?
And if it really is this hard, I'd love to know why. Most times when AWS surprises me, there's some reason related to scaling or something, but I can't imagine why tailing some logs is so hard.
Thank you!