This is an design-approach question. I don't (yet) have broken code. ;-)
I have a firestore connected ionic/angular app with multiple modules. Users frequently move from page-to-page/module to module throughout usage.
Another part of my system drops new elements into the Firestore database in response to external events. I want to generate a new message on the screen whenever a new entry appears in the Firestore database regardless of which module/page is currently being presented to the user..
It seems from my research that I have to create an alert or popover or overlay component, and then include that component in every module and place it in every template file in order for the message to appear. There doesn't seem to be a way to write an overlay component that will shove itself over whatever else is being presented whenever there is an appropriate trigger.
Is there a way implement an overlay/alert/popover once at the app level without writing code to handle a potential overlay/popover/alert in every module?
--Paul