I would like to make sure that the file button here is being clicked in the first place before others button is being clicked.
def open_file():
tf = filedialog.askopenfilename(
initialdir="C:\\Users\\ASUS\PycharmProjects\pythonProject",
title="Open Text file",
filetypes=(("Text Files", "*.txt"),)
)
pathh.insert(END, tf)
tf = open(tf) # or tf = open(tf, 'r')
data = tf.read()
file.insert(END, data)
tf.close()
filebut = Button(root, text="Select File", justify='center', command=open_file, height=2, width=30, fg='black')
filebut.place(x=30, y=80)#240
So, whenever I choose a file, the path will be displayed here.
pathh = Entry(root, width=45)
pathh.place(x=30, y=140)
However, I would like to add something to the buttons below to prevent user from clicking it as they are required to choose a file in the first place before clicking the buttons below. Nonetheless, if they tend to press the button below before selecting a file, it should pop out an error message.
mostActiveAuthor = Button(root, text=" MOST ACTIVE AUTHOR", height=2, width=38, command=ACTIVE_AUTHOR, fg='blue')
mostActiveAuthor.place(x=30, y=180)
mostActiveDay = Button(root, text=" MOST ACTIVE DAY", height=2, width=38, command=ACTIVE_DAY, fg='red')
mostActiveDay.place(x=30, y=230)
timeHighlyActive = Button(root, text=" TIME HIGHLY ACTIVE", height=2, width=38, command=HIGHLY_ACT, fg='black')#35
timeHighlyActive.place(x=30, y=280)
maxNumOfWords = Button(root, text="MAX NUMBER OF WORDS", height=2, width=38, command=MAX_NUM, fg='brown')
maxNumOfWords.place(x=30, y=330)