I know, that one can load files with PySpark for RDD's using the following commands:
sc = spark.sparkContext
someRDD = sc.textFile("some.csv")
or for dataframes:
spark.read.options(delimiter=',') \
.csv("some.csv")
My file is a .csv with 10 columns, seperated by ',' . However, the very last column contains some text, that also has a lot of ",". Splitting by "," will result in different column sizes for each row and moreover, I do not have the whole text in one column.
I am just looking for a good way to load a .csv file into a dataframe that has multiple "," at the very last index.
Maybe there is way to only split on the first n columns? Because it is guaranteed, that all columns before the text column are only seperated by one ",". Interestingly, using pd.read_csv does not cause this issue! So far my workaround has been to load the file with
csv = pd.read_csv("some.csv", delimiter=",")
csv_to_array = csv.values.tolist()
df = createDataFrame(csv_to_array)
which is not a pretty solution. Moreover, it did not allow me to use some schema on my dataframe.