I am currently using the following setting to convert Markdown to HTML:
-s -t html5
This renders list items too narrow for me and I would like to increase the margin between the list items.
Is there any way to do so?
I am currently using the following setting to convert Markdown to HTML:
-s -t html5
This renders list items too narrow for me and I would like to increase the margin between the list items.
Is there any way to do so?
The simplest way to achieve this is to add additional CSS to the output HTML.
Create style.html file with the following content.
<style>
li:not(:last-child) { margin-bottom: 50px; }
</style>
Add -H style.html to include the file in the HTML header part. For example:
$ pandoc main.md -t html5 -o main.html -H style.html
Note that there are many other ways to include additional CSS to the output HTML file (for example you may simply put the <style> tag inside your markdown file). Check out this question for more info: Inline CSS with Pandoc
Pandoc distinguishes between "tight" and "loose" lists in Markdown:
This list is "tight":
- one
- two
This list is "loose" (note the extra blank line):
- one
- two
See here for a method to switch from loose to tight lists; replace Plain with Para (and vice versa) in the given code to go from tight to loose.