So in a regular cascading style sheet we can inherit from other styles doing so:
.myStyle .temp {
height: 100px,
width: 80px,
}
My question is:
is there a way for me to do this in react native. I have tried a few different ways but cannot seem to get it to work. Some of the methods in which I have tried are as follows:
// Example One
// Error Thrown: tempStyle is not defined.
const styles = StyleSheet.create({
container: {
flex: 1,
alignItems: 'center',
justifyContent: 'center',
...tempStyle,
},
tempStyle :{
backgroundColor: 'tomato'
}
});
The following also did not work for me, it did not throw any errors but simply did not work.
I set the style to be the tempStyle and it was basically a blank style sheet which does make sense as it probably points to nothing.
const styles = StyleSheet.create({
container: {
flex: 1,
alignItems: 'center',
justifyContent: 'center',
},
tempStyle :{
container :{
backgroundColor: 'tomato'
}
}
});
I know that we can reference multiple styles inside of the style property in a component using brackets.
<View style={[Styles.temp, Styles.tempTwo]} />
Is this the only way to accomplish this?