I am trying to implement the Gauss Formula Visually so I am having a little bit of problems with JavaScript since I never worked with it before. My question would be how do I color certain squares of my grid
{
const w = width, h = w * .6, mx = w/2 * margin, my = h/2 * margin;
const s = DOM.svg(w, h);
const path = `M${mx},${my}${gridPath(count+1, count, w - mx * 2, h - my * 2, false)}`;
s.appendChild(svg`<path stroke=#555 d="${path}">`);
s[0].sty
return s;
}
and this is the function that computes the grid
function gridPath(cols, rows, width = 1, height = 1, initPosition = true) {
// Line distances.
const sx = width / cols, sy = height / rows;
// Horizontal and vertical path segments, joined by relative move commands.
const px = Array(rows+1).fill(`h${width}`).join(`m${-width},${sy}`);
const py = Array(cols+1).fill(`v${height}`).join(`m${sx},${-height}`);
// Paths require an initial move command. It can be set either by this function
// or appended to the returned path.
return `${initPosition ? 'M0,0' : ''}${px}m${-width}${-height}${py}`;
}
