Visual Studio Intellisense Doesn't Work Out of the Box

Viewed 27

When I first downloaded Visual Studios 2019 back in 2019, it came with everything I needed, and no annoying installer. Since then, they have added the installer, and every time I download VS 2019 intellisense doesn't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VS 2019 many times on a number of computers, and ever since the installer, no computer that I or others at my school have installed VS on, none of them come with a functioning version of intellisense; and only the old computers from my first year of computer class have a working version (of intellisense). I have followed many previous solutions like checking the intellisense configurations and resetting them, and that has all failed. I don't know what I can do to get it back. I try to download as many add-ons with VS in hopes that one will fix it, but they take up so much space and don't seem to do anything. If anyone knows what I can do to solve this issue, or what plugin I could be missing, it would be very helpful. And please don't simply tell me to try reinstalling VS again, it will not solve my problems.

1 Answers

First of all, intellisense is a basic function of vs and does not need to check in the installer. See this

You didn't tell us what language you used in your description. Many aspects of IntelliSense are language-specific. You can see this link about IntelliSense for different languages.

You can try the following method if it works for you:

  1. Go to Tools->Options->Text Editor-> All Languages->General check "Auto List Members" and "Parameter Information". enter image description here
  2. Go to Tools->Import and Export settings->Reset all settings enter image description here enter image description here
  3. Try to update your visual studio to the latest version.
Related