I'm trying to find a way where I can share a SAS URL for a storage container and have it list the contents(folders and files) in a browser. Hierarchical namespace is enabled so essentially the storage account is ADLS Gen 2
A SAS url works fine if it points to a file. But the same doesn't work if I just use the url to include directory
Example:
https://<account>.blob.core.windows.net/test/test.json?.... <-- works
https://<account>.blob.core.windows.net/test?.... <-- doesn't work
https://<account>.blob.core.windows.net/test?sv=2020-10-02&st=2022-05-24T09%3A13%3A43Z&se=2022-05-25T09%3A13%3A43Z&sr=c&sp=rl&sig=H9D55HKUrw4MAkdfsdfri5k3v8%3D
with the error
Signature did not match. String to sign used was rl
SAS URL doesn't have any issues since I can connect using the storage explorer.
I tried 2 things
- The Azure Blob browser Chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/azure-blob-browser/okdhfjbpehgfodoknombaehkhoobmefi
- Uploading javascript code at https://github.com/tylergibson/azure-blob-list to the root of container
The first option gave the same auth error using SAS. The second option was able to list directories and files but the problem is it lists folders as a "downloadable files". Is there a cleaner alternative to allow users to view and download storage container files from the browser?
I understand storage explorer is the way to go but just wanted to explore any alternative before giving up