After updating Visual Studio extension from 2019 to 2022, error occurs when uninstalling extension

Viewed 451

I have a simple Visual Studio extension which was developed for 2019. After updating the extension to 2022, it installs fine but after uninstalling, I encounter error pop-ups when launching Visual Studio 2022 again.

enter image description here

enter image description here

After that, when I check the extension manager again, it shows that there are no extensions installed (which is not the case). Something seems to have gone wrong with the list:

enter image description here

As for the steps in updating to 2022, I followed what was described here under "What Needs to be Changed" and recompiled using VS2022.

The extension still works after installing, the issue happens after I uninstall it.

This is how the manifest file looks like:

enter image description here

Thank you!

1 Answers

We had almost the same issue, when installing or updating any vsix package, VS2022 completely crash and was impossible to use.

They just released the version 17.2.5 and the bug is now fixed.

Related