I have a question about Gateway to Entity dependency in Clean Architecture. I think that the following concentric figures are often introduced as clean architecture.

In the figure above, Gateway does not look directly at the Entity. However, there is another famous illustration of Clean Architecture. (2nd figure) When it comes to actually creating a class, I think it will have the following structure.

Looking at this, the DataAccessInterface, which has the role of Gateway, refers to the Entity. I think that the gateway in the first figure violates the rule that it does not refer to Entity. What does this mean? ??
Also, if Gateway refers to Entity, if you want to return your own error from Gateway, you need to put your own error definition in Entity. The original error is an error specific to the application, and I feel that it does not match the domain logic. Is such a definition method correct for clean architecture? ??