I create a "workspace" with several folder within it following the tutorial I read here
It runs successfully with cargo run or cargo build
if all of the package were independent from each other, cargo package would run successfully. But as soon as one package depends on the other the cargo package will fail.
It displays: no matching package named "foo_2" found. location searched: registry "crates-io". Which is pretty weird, since I specifically add a local path on the dependencies.
Is this an intended behavior? if so, then why should I bother with workspace at all ?
The root Cargo.toml
[workspace]
members = [
"foo_1",
"foo_2",
]
foo_1/Cargo.toml
[package]
name = "foo_1"
version = "0.1.0"
edition = "2021"
# error here. It can't found the foo_2 package.
[dependencies]
foo_2 = { path = "../foo_2", version = "0.1.0" }
foo_2/Cargo.toml
[package]
name = "foo_2"
version = "0.1.0"
edition = "2021"
[dependencies]
Error message:
PS E:\Works\Experimentals\rust-workspace> cargo package --workspace
warning: manifest has no description, license, license-file, documentation, homepage or repository.
See https://doc.rust-lang.org/cargo/reference/manifest.html#package-metadata for more info.
Packaging foo_1 v0.1.0 (E:\Works\Experimentals\rust-workspace\foo_1)
Verifying foo_1 v0.1.0 (E:\Works\Experimentals\rust-workspace\foo_1)
Updating crates.io index
error: failed to verify package tarball
Caused by:
no matching package named `foo_2` found
location searched: registry `crates-io`
required by package `foo_1 v0.1.0 (E:\Works\Experimentals\rust-workspace\target\package\foo_1-0.1.0)`
