I have worked with STM, NXP and Atmel MCUs, but all the time during board bring up, we use the vendor provided startup script to bring up the hardware. I know we do that because we do not want to be rewriting the linker script and startup sequence from scratch, which is hardly productive. But from a learner's perspective if given an MCU how do we know in which sequence it needs to be booted? I was thinking maybe there should be some place where the sequence is documented but we rarely look at it.
Is there some place the vendor will document the startup sequence (steps to execute in ResetHandler() function) for a specific chip or a family of chips? I tried looking at the programmer's model in Cortex-M4 and ARMv7 technical reference manuals. But I was not able to find it. The chip I am currently using to learn in STM32G431RBT6