Handling dead keys in Android KCM

Viewed 79

I'm using library Extra Physical Keyboard Layouts which is able to add new keyboard layouts to the device. Don't confuse it with whole new keyboards like SwiftKey, Samsung Keyboard etc.

This library is using KCM files which is Android standard for keyboard layout files.

I have my custom layout (originally KLC file) which I converted to KCM.

But these two main things about dead key are missing:

\u030c (ˇ) + \u0075 (u) should produce \u016f (ů), but now it is producing \u01d4 (ǔ)
But for example:
\u030c (ˇ) + \u0074 (t) result \u0165 (ť) is fine

\u030c (ˇ) + \u030c (ˇ) should produce \u003d (=).
Basically double pressing key EQUALS should produce \u003d (=)

The problem is that afaik there is no way how to handle dead keys in KCM file and are handled automatically by the OS.

Is there a way how to solve mentioned problems in KCM file or any other way without creating custom keyboard like SwiftKey etc.?

Mentioned KLC and KCM files can be found here.

Thank you

0 Answers
Related