GitHub Desktop showing changes after just opening the unity project

Viewed 277

After pulling the changes that a teammate did, I open our unity project and just after opening and closing it, without making any changes to it, GitHub Desktop is showing thousands of changes to commit. Is this because of the lack of a .gitignore in our repo? What should I do to make sure I am not corrupting the file or causing compilation errors when our teammate is re-opening the project, since some of these "changes" appear to be deleted files. Again, I make no changes, just open and close the unity file, in the same editor version with all of my teammates. I uploaded the image, showing these "changes".

GitHub Desktop Screenshot

1 Answers

With the help of Yuris and shingo, I've realized the lack of .gitignore was indeed the problem. Adding that to the repository will allow GitHub to stop tracking files and folders that don't need to be tracked.

Related