I want to read out details about the battery as follows:
WMIC PATH Win32_Battery Get EstimatedChargeRemaining
Can I then display the output of this using the %value% variable, for example?
I want to read out details about the battery as follows:
WMIC PATH Win32_Battery Get EstimatedChargeRemaining
Can I then display the output of this using the %value% variable, for example?
A batch file for this task is:
@echo off
setlocal EnableExtensions DisableDelayedExpansion
set "EstimatedChargeRemaining="
for /F "tokens=2 delims==" %%I in ('%SystemRoot%\System32\wbem\wmic.exe PATH Win32_Battery GET EstimatedChargeRemaining /VALUE 2^>nul') do set "EstimatedChargeRemaining=%%I"
if defined EstimatedChargeRemaining echo Estimated remaining battery charge: %EstimatedChargeRemaining% %%
endlocal
To understand the commands used and how they work, open a command prompt window, execute there the following commands, and read the displayed help pages for each command, entirely and carefully.
echo /?endlocal /?for /?if /?set /?setlocal /?wmic /?wmic path /?wmic path win32_battery /?wmic path win32_battery get /?See also the Microsoft documentation page for the Win32_Battery class.