Use foreground service with Expo and React Native

Viewed 191

I am using React Native together with Expo to build an app for tracking workouts. I want to implement a foreground service for ongoing workouts but also to keep Expo in my project.

I tried to use this approach: https://github.com/cristianoccazinsp/react-native-foreground-service

For this, permissions are needed to be added in Android Manifest file, in order to do that, I added the permissions in the app.json file:

"android": {
  "adaptiveIcon": {
    "foregroundImage": "./assets/adaptive-icon.png",
    "backgroundColor": "#FFFFFF",
    "permissions": ["FOREGROUND_SERVICE", "WAKE_LOCK"]
  }
},

the next step would be to add the service into the Android Manifest file:

<meta-data android:name="com.zinspector.foregroundservice.notification_channel_name"
            android:value="zInspector Service"/>
<meta-data  android:name="com.zinspector.foregroundservice.notification_channel_description"
            android:value="zInspector Service."/>
<meta-data  android:name="com.zinspector.foregroundservice.notification_color"
            android:resource="@color/orange"/>

<service android:name="com.zinspector.foregroundservice.ForegroundService"></service>
<service android:name="com.zinspector.foregroundservice.ForegroundServiceTask"></service>
```

The problem is that I did not find a solution to use expo and add those service properties using app.json

Could anyone help me with this issue or provide another solution for having a foreground service and keep using Expo ? Thank you

0 Answers
Related