in case it isn't already obvious im new to python so if the answers could explain like im 5 years old that would be hugely appreirecated.
I'm basically trying to prove to myself that I can apply some of the basic that I have learnt into making a mini-contact book app. I don't want the data to save after the application has closed or anything like that. Just input your name, phone number and the city you live in. Once multiple names are inputted you can input a specific name to have their information printed back to you.
This is what I have so far:
Name = input("enter name here: ")
Number = input("enter phone number here: ")
City = input("enter city here: ")
User = list((Name, Number, City))
This, worked fine for the job of giving python the data. I made another input that made python print the information back to me just to make sure python was doing what I wanted it to:
print("Thank you! \nWould you like me to read your details back to you?")
bck = input("Y / N")
if bck == "Y":
print(User)
print("Thank you! Goodbye")
else:
print("Goodbye!")
The output of this, is the list that the user creates through the three inputs. Which is great! I'm happy that I have managed to make it function so far;
But I want the 'Name' input to be what names the 'User' list. This way, if I ask the user to input a name, that name will be used to find the list and print it.
How do I assign the input from Name to ALSO be what the currently named "User" list