Pair multiple response sets in SPSS for their direct comparison

Viewed 32

In my database, I have 5 multiple dichotomy sets MRST1 to MRST5 (already defined by MRSETS command); where each of the sets consists from the same list of items (item 1 to 10) although from different variables (v1 to v50).

And I want to create a table with direct comparison of the column percentages in such a way that I have the sets in columns (MRST1 to MRST5) and their items (item 1 to 10) in rows.

Already tried using MULT RESPONSE and MRSETS but these do not allow for "item pairing" as far as documentations explains; I've also used CTABLES and CROSSTABS with no success...

Any help on this would be appreciated!

1 Answers

Disregarding the multiple sets definitions, you can get the table you want through some restructure:

varstocases 
    /make grp1 from v1 to v10
    /make grp2 from v11 to v20
    /make grp3 from v21 to v30
    /make grp4 from v31 to v40
    /make grp5 from v41 to v50/index=vr(grp1)/null=keep.
means grp1 to grp5 by vr/cells=mean.
Related