Whatsapp API (#132000) Number of parameters does not match the expected number of params

Viewed 1162

I created below template in Whatsapp API. And I want to set the parameter value in the API call. What is the correct payload ? I have been following the Meta docs and trying but everytime I get error. Please Help.

Template:

You order # {{1}} is received successfully.

enter image description here

I used this payload:

{
"messaging_product": "whatsapp", 
"to": "918456712349", 
"type": "template", 
"template": { 
    "name": "order_notification",
    "language": { 
        "code": "en_US" 
    }
},
"components": [
    {
        "type": "body",
        "parameters": [
            {
                "type": "text",
                "text": "135345345"
            }
        ]
    }
]
}

But I am still getting this error

{
"error": {
    "message": "(#132000) Number of parameters does not match the expected number of params",
    "type": "OAuthException",
    "code": 132000,
    "error_data": {
        "messaging_product": "whatsapp",
        "details": "body: number of localizable_params (0) does not match the expected number of params (1)"
    },
    "error_subcode": 2494002,
    "fbtrace_id": "AzPa-uWXctIcdNVu0Lf3Fic"
}

}

2 Answers

The issue due to closing the template object then opening a new component object. make the component object inside the template object and it will be fixed

{
"messaging_product": "whatsapp", 
"to": "918456712349", 
"type": "template", 
"template": { 
    "name": "order_notification",
    "language": { 
        "code": "en_US" 
    }

"components": [
    {
        "type": "body",
        "parameters": [
            {
                "type": "text",
                "text": "135345345"
            }
        ]
    }
]
}
}

Looks like the template is expecting 1 parameter, which is not being provided.

You can look at the documentation and example here.

It includes a working example.

Related