Unit tests not running after updated to Android Studio Chipmunk

Viewed 1210

I have been working on project in Android Studio Bumblebee, and the project contains several packages , some of them have test classes using Junit and Mockito.
So inorder to increase code coverage, I had excluded the packages with zero unit tests in Debug configurations . But after updating to Android Studio Chipmunk, after I exclude any package or any class file and run again, none of the test cases are run and shows this message

Test events were not received

I also tried adding the classes that I need coverage, still the same issue.

4 Answers

As a workaround you may run the tests through the gradle task window:

Use the command that you used for your run configurations:

gradle testDebugUnitTest --tests "your.package*"

enter image description here

Add in your module build.gradle testImplementation project(":name-of-your-module").

It's a workaround!

I was having the same problem. As of today I updated to last AS - Chipmunk Patch2, AGP to 7.2.2 and Gradle to 7.3.3, the problem was fixed, without any other change r workarounds. Seems that the bug has been fixed.

Works in Dolphin just fine. To reproduce success perform the following:

  1. In Run/Debug Configurations add in a new "Gradle Configuration" using the plus button.
  2. Give it a name in the name text box ("All Unit Tests" for example)
  3. In the run text box add the following testDebugUnitTest --tests "com.example.*" Where com.example is your namespace common across all modules, leave the .* at the end, this is the secret sauce.
  4. In the Gradle project box ensure that the root gradle build file is selected.
  5. Click apply/ok then select the config and run.

It should all work just fine now...or maybe not depending on any tests failing ;)

Related