hope you're all fine!
I have a model called Vacation and I'm struggling with one field: days_requested, this field is the number days from vacation_start and vacation_end, it works and gives me an integer as result. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to subtract the weekends (or not count them).
What I have:
vacation_start = '2022-05-20'
vacation_end = '2022-05-24'
days_requested = 5
What I'm trying to have:
vacation_start = '2022-05-20'
vacation_end = '2022-05-24'
days_requested = 3
#21/05 and 22/05 are weekends
Vacation Models:
class Vacation(models.Model):
department = models.ForeignKey(
'departments.Department', on_delete=models.SET_NULL, null=True)
responsible = models.ForeignKey(
User, on_delete=models.SET_NULL, null=True, related_name='responsible_vacation')
status = models.CharField(
max_length=20, choices=STATUS_CHOICES_VACATIONS, default='open')
created_at = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)
updated_at = models.DateTimeField(auto_now=True)
created_by = models.ForeignKey(
User, on_delete=models.SET_NULL, null=True, related_name='created_by_vacation')
vacation_start = models.DateField(blank=False)
vacation_end = models.DateField(blank=False)
days_requested = property(
lambda self: (self.vacation_end - self.vacation_start).days + 1
)
def __str__(self):
return str(self.created_by.first_name + ' ' + self.created_by.last_name)
I have tried:
days_requested = property(
lambda self: [(self.vacation_start + datetime.timedelta(days=i)).date()
for i in range(0, (self.vacation_end - self.vacation_start)) if (self.vacation_start + datetime.timedelta(days=i)).weekday() not in [5, 6].days()])
But I get the following error:
'datetime.timedelta' object cannot be interpreted as an integer
And as I perform operations with the amount of days asked I need to be able to get an integer.
Thank you all in advance.