I would like to install Keycloak on a Windows 10 machine. The installation guide can be found here: https://www.keycloak.org/getting-started/getting-started-zip After I have unzipped the file an run bin/kc.bat start-dev the following Java error appears:
"Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: io/quarkus/bootstrap/runner/QuarkusEntryPoint has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0"
I am new to Java, what does it mean and how can I fix this issue? I already have checked installation guides on Youtube etc. but those are referring to a file, which is called "Standalone" which does not exist anymore.
I am using the following Java Distribution: java version "17.0.3.1" 2022-04-22 LTS Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.3.1+2-LTS-6) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.3.1+2-LTS-6, mixed mode, sharing)
Any help, even link recommendations would be great.