Minimum C++ version required by MFC

Viewed 126

I'm preparing some material about MFC and I want to specify the minimum C++ version required by it (not necessarily for every MFC version, though it would be great). Unfortunately I haven't been able to find that information. What I have so far is the MFC version per VS release here.

On the other hand, AFAIU, there is a minimum C++ version on each Visual Studio version (at least on recent VS). For example, in VS 2017 the minimum version is C++14 (and you can increase it to C++17 using /std:c++17). Does it means that the MFC for VS 2017 requires C++14? (I guess no).

Taking a look at many of the classes provided by MFC, my guess is that it only requires either C++98 or C++03, but I cannot find anything that confirms or rejects that theory.

Where can I find the minimum C++ version required by a given version of MFC?

0 Answers
Related