Cannot find module 'nx/src/config/workspaces' on creating a React app on existing Nx project

Viewed 4045

I am getting the following error and I add the react app to the already existing Nx project on my system:

Require stack:
- C:\Users\HP\OneDrive\Documents\amagi-qtc\node_modules\@nrwl\devkit\index.js
- C:\Users\HP\OneDrive\Documents\amagi-qtc\node_modules\@nrwl\react\src\utils\lint.js
- C:\Users\HP\OneDrive\Documents\amagi-qtc\node_modules\@nrwl\react\src\generators\application\application.js
- C:\Users\HP\OneDrive\Documents\amagi-qtc\node_modules\nx\src\shared\workspace.js
- C:\Users\HP\OneDrive\Documents\amagi-qtc\node_modules\nx\src\cli\init-local.js
- C:\Users\HP\OneDrive\Documents\amagi-qtc\node_modules\nx\bin\nx.js
- C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@nrwl\cli\node_modules\nx\bin\nx.js
- C:\Users\HP\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@nrwl\cli\bin\nx.js

I did to install react in a nx project

yarn add -D @nrwl/react

But when I run this command:

nx g @nrwl/react:app my-new-app

It gives me the above error.

1 Answers

The issue could have happened due to the project not having the latest NX version packages.

Ensure the nx cli is installed in your local project, yarn add -D @nrwl/cli.

Run nx migrate latest from your project to do the upgrades, it will update your package.json file.

You can review the changes made to package.json and run yarn to install them.

Finally, you have to run the migrations by running nx migrate --run-migrations.

Reference: https://nx.dev/using-nx/updating-nx#updating-nx

Related