I am using a Cinemachine state driver to transition between my 8 directional cameras orbiting my player. Right now my player script is set to a basic isometric character controller:
Player.cs
public float speed = 5f;
Vector3 forward;
Vector3 right;
// Start is called before the first frame update
void Start()
{
forward = Camera.main.transform.forward;
forward.y = 0;
forward = Vector3.Normalize(forward);
right = Quaternion.Euler(new Vector3(0, 90, 0)) * forward;
}
// Update is called once per frame
void Update()
{
if (Input.anyKey)
{
Move();
}
}
void Move ()
{
Vector3 direction = new Vector3(Input.GetAxis("Horizontal"), 0, Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
Vector3 rightMovement = right * speed * Time.deltaTime * Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
Vector3 upMovement = forward * speed * Time.deltaTime * Input.GetAxis("Vertical");
Vector3 heading = Vector3.Normalize(rightMovement + upMovement);
transform.forward += heading;
transform.position += rightMovement;
transform.position += upMovement;
}
I want the players move direction to reflect the direction of the camera. For example, using W (from WASD) will always move the player up. Could I edit the script to pick up the direction of each of my virtual cameras and add that to my player controller or is there a better way?