I am attempting to upload a .csv files to BigQuery to use for a project in the Google Data Analysis Certificate program, but am continually running into this error:
Unexpected error
Tracking number: c1642301846583819
Here is the table creation menu that with the fields I have filled out (linked as I'm a new user)
I am aware of a bug currently that is producing a similar error message but the table is still created after refreshing the page, however this is not working with this file. After refreshing the page, the table is still not available, so it must not have been created. This file is larger than previous files that had worked that way as well. I have also tried uploading the file to google cloud and uploading into BigQuery from there, and it returns this error message:
Failed to create table: Error while reading data, error message: Could not parse '4/12/2016 7:21:00 AM' as TIMESTAMP for field Time (position 1) starting at location 15 with message 'Invalid time zone: AM'
When I go into Google Cloud Logging, the following code is present for this error :
{
"protoPayload": {
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.cloud.audit.AuditLog",
"status": {
"code": 3,
"message": "Error while reading data, error message: Could not parse '4/12/2016 7:21:00 AM' as TIMESTAMP for field Time (position 1) starting at location 15 with message 'Invalid time zone: AM'"
},
"authenticationInfo": {
"principalEmail": "REDACTED"
},
"requestMetadata": {
"callerIp": "2600:8801:21c:3f00:306d:ff1a:ed67:fb92",
"callerSuppliedUserAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.67 Safari/537.36,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)"
},
"serviceName": "bigquery.googleapis.com",
"methodName": "google.cloud.bigquery.v2.JobService.InsertJob",
"authorizationInfo": [
{
"resource": "projects/analytics-capstone-project",
"permission": "bigquery.jobs.create",
"granted": true
}
],
"resourceName": "projects/analytics-capstone-project/jobs/bquxjob_42de9715_180df3c3ba2",
"metadata": {
"jobChange": {
"after": "DONE",
"job": {
"jobName": "projects/analytics-capstone-project/jobs/bquxjob_42de9715_180df3c3ba2",
"jobConfig": {
"type": "IMPORT",
"loadConfig": {
"sourceUris": [
"gs://exampleforml/heartrate_seconds_merged.csv"
],
"schemaJson": "{\n}",
"destinationTable": "projects/analytics-capstone-project/datasets/FitBit_Fitness_Tracker_Data/tables/hr_seconds",
"createDisposition": "CREATE_IF_NEEDED",
"writeDisposition": "WRITE_EMPTY"
}
},
"jobStatus": {
"jobState": "DONE",
"errorResult": {
"code": 3,
"message": "Error while reading data, error message: Could not parse '4/12/2016 7:21:00 AM' as TIMESTAMP for field Time (position 1) starting at location 15 with message 'Invalid time zone: AM'"
},
"errors": [
{
"code": 3,
"message": "Error while reading data, error message: Could not parse '4/12/2016 7:21:00 AM' as TIMESTAMP for field Time (position 1) starting at location 15 with message 'Invalid time zone: AM'"
},
{
"code": 3,
"message": "Error while reading data, error message: CSV processing encountered too many errors, giving up. Rows: 1; errors: 1; max bad: 0; error percent: 0"
},
{
"code": 3,
"message": "Could not parse '4/12/2016 7:21:00 AM' as TIMESTAMP for field Time (position 1) starting at location 15 with message 'Invalid time zone: AM'"
}
]
},
"jobStats": {
"createTime": "2022-05-20T02:11:47.618Z",
"startTime": "2022-05-20T02:11:47.759Z",
"endTime": "2022-05-20T02:11:48.821Z",
"loadStats": {},
"totalSlotMs": "138"
}
}
},
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.cloud.audit.BigQueryAuditMetadata"
}
},
"insertId": "-fsqzz0e2lplj",
"resource": {
"type": "bigquery_project",
"labels": {
"project_id": "analytics-capstone-project",
"location": "US"
}
},
"timestamp": "2022-05-20T02:11:48.832533Z",
"severity": "ERROR",
"logName": "projects/analytics-capstone-project/logs/cloudaudit.googleapis.com%2Fdata_access",
"operation": {
"id": "1653012707618-analytics-capstone-project:bquxjob_42de9715_180df3c3ba2",
"producer": "bigquery.googleapis.com",
"last": true
},
"receiveTimestamp": "2022-05-20T02:11:49.112933352Z"
}
The original file I am trying to upload is found in this kaggle dataset and is called heartrate_seconds_merged
I am unsure how to resolve this and would appreciate any help! Thank you!
EDIT: I have tried to continue to upload more of the data for this project and now am unable to create any more tables. Is there an issue with how I am attempting to create them?